Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dash to become a Warrior

Hey everyone! As you might have assumed from my previous posts, I have been working out frivolously & getting my body prepped for what's going to prove to be a very treacherous & physically demanding experience this weekend, the Warrior Dash...MU-hahahah...I'm a liar. I haven't done a thing...except for my nightly 100 crunches prior to going to bed, but that's not going to help me at all when it comes to bear-crawling, rope climbing, tire trekking, haystack climbing or hiking. AHHHHH. I'm so nervous! Check this out...wouldn't YOU be?!

It's going to be a lot of fun though, or at least that's how I'm talking myself into competing/participating in such a crazy and challenging obstacle course. If I hadn't already paid & committed to a team, I would probably choose not to put myself through this. Ha. I think I am a little bit intimidated since I have seen some of the obstacles on their site, but I'm sure at the end when I'm jumping over the ring of fire, I'll be so happy that I participated & finished yet another physical challenge. Plus, even though we are competing as a group, we don't have to stick together the whole time, so if need be, Chad & I can go at our own pace and just finish the thing. That's the part I'm looking forward to...a nice run/obstacle course experience to share with my beloved hubby. Fun stuff.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that since costumes are highly encouraged at this event, our group has decided to go dressed in 80's attire...if anyone knows me, you would know that that's one of the best and most desired themes for this lady. It's going to be wild & so much fun. I haven't had a theme party in like 6 months which is far too long. :)

Well, that's all I have for now. Wish us luck & hopefully I don't die on this course. If I do, it's been nice, Blogger. :)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Good Luck! Take pictures so I can see the costumes! I bet you win! :) haha

cls said...

Of course they wouldn't have anything cool like that in Arkansas...sigh.

Good luck to you and Chad! Which event are you going to (location)?