Monday, January 10, 2011

The worst ever...

Me at being a blogger, that is. It's embarrassing that it has taken me 5 months to come back to this. In the past 5 months, so much has happened that it would be impossible for me to catch you up without a novel, so I'll try my best to crunch it up into a quicker bullet post:
*Operation No More Paci went off without a hitch! I did it cold turkey and she seemed to miss it at first, but the bottle became her replacement and that worked fine. Two days later, she acted as if nothing happened and went along being her happy, sweet self. Whew! 9 months proved to be a good time to cut out the paci...note to self for our next kiddo. :)
*Kennady began speaking so well. She can now say "Mama, Dada, Bottle, Bye-Bye, Hi, Mwah, Lala, & More". (that's all I can think of right now anyways)
*She eats everything we eat & plays for hours a day. She loves to swing in her swing outside, ride in her wagon, & play with all of her crazy toys.
*We have finally reached the point where she sleeps for 10-13 hours a night and it is GLORIOUS!!
*Chad came home from his deployment in late October & it was so nice to have him home. It was a little challenging for Kennady, but we have returned to normalcy & we are hoping no more deployments are in our NEAR future.
*We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas, did a lot of traveling, & have really enjoyed our house here...especially the fireplace this winter.
*I was so sad to take down our Christmas decorations...my house seems so boring now! Anyone else have this problem?! haha. Now I need to go buy some new curtains, pillows, mantle decor, etc. Taking down Christmas is no cheap task!
*Chad & I are signed up to run a half-marathon in Austin in late Feb. I haven't been doing very well training lately, so I'm really having to jump on the training wagon ASAP.
*I am happy to report that I am under my pre-baby weight & I have high hopes of making that even better this spring. Maybe I'll be in shape enough to put away the mommy one-piece & jump back into that bikini again, before I get to old to be able to, haha. We'll see! Wish me luck!
Well, that's obviously not everything that has happened in 5 months, but I'm tired of thinking, so I'll come back to this some other time. I also want to take this naptime opportunity to read up on the last month or so of all of your blogs, so adios for now! :)

1 comment:

Kasey Gonzales said...

I may be tied with you for the worst =). Sounds like y'all had a good five months! Good luck getting in that two-piece - I'm not sure I'm going to make it and I don't have a kid to blame it on!