Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Craziness...

Well, I have not quite bounced back from my 'not keeping up with this thing' bad habit, but I'm trying.

This past Thursday I drove to Abilene to see my bestie Elya & her husband John. I got to spend the night with them & have some good, quality time sitting on the back porch with El that night. Friday, she went to work for the day, so I slept in, played on the computer, went to Kohl's to see what I could find, & refilled my sweet tea at Chick-Fil-A twice. :) I also went driving around for a little bit to browse at some housing developments. I ironically found myself looming around the Country Club by accident & was LOVING me some of those crazy-beautiful houses...of course. :) Some of us just have really good taste. Though, the pocket book probably won't be liking that flavor when next spring eventually rolls around. So, I kept driving. Once Elya got off of work, we packed up the car and headed our pretty little hiney's up to Lubbock to surprise our 3rd musketeer bestie, Nicole. She had NO IDEA we were coming...it was awesome. We planned it all to where her and her sister Kyla would be at a hibachi grill restaurant & that we would walk in and shock the crap out of her. It worked! She was ecstatic to see us. It had been since '04 since we had made that trip together, so it was a much-needed one. We ate some yummy food, headed home & just chilled for the evening catching up on life and girl chats. It was refreshing.

Saturday we woke up late, grabbed some lunch at the Olive Garden, went shopping at World Market & the Super Target, & watched Serendipity at the house. For dinner we grabbed a pizza & some beverages & headed to the awesome drive-in theater they have there. It's $6 a person, but you get 2 movies & a fun experience, so it's a great deal. We saw the Time Traveler's Wife & the next one that came on was District 9 (which is some creepy movie about giant grasshopper-looking aliens that invade the world & are forced into quarantine by the government) that WE DID NOT stick around for. It lasted a whole 5 minutes before I asked "why are we still here?" & got the quick response of "we have no idea...", so we packed it up and headed home. We played the Wii for a couple of hours & then sat and talked until 4:45 in the morning. CRAZY! Me & Kenady haven't been up that late in I don't know how long! So, needless to say, Sunday morning rolled around and we didn't get up until about 11:30...though it would have been 2:00pm if I was in complete control, haha. We grabbed a quick lunch at McAlister's before we headed back to Abilene. Upon our return, Elya & I decided we should go drive around for a little while again to find a couple more attractive neighborhoods (to make my silly habit of real estate searching much easier), so we did. Then, I dropped her off at church & hit the road back home to SA-town. It was an awesome and relaxing weekend with my ladies. I love them so much!

I had my 28-week appointment with the doc yesterday. Everything is right on track. I have only gained about 14 pounds from my post-throwing-up weight, but I have been told that's not the one I go by. My grandma (who was a registered nurse & has delivered 1,000's of babies) said that I'm supposed to go by my weight before I lost the pounds during the first trimester. So, I guess I've really only gained about 9 pounds to this point. They are beginning to feel like they are packing on though, so I will most likely be in the perfect range of 25-30 pounds gained by the time Kena makes her debut. Appointments will now start occurring every 2 weeks instead of every 4, so that's kind of fun. That means we're getting CLOSER!! :) The only crappy part of the appt. yesterday was that they took my blood to check for Anemia. I hate needles. Therefore, I wasn't very happy about that. But, I was a big girl and I got good results back saying my blood count was normal & all of that fabulous jazz.

Kenady has been doing some SERIOUS gymnastics, boxing, or soccer playing in there lately. I can feel her totally change positions. Either her shoulder or her butt will push out on my stomach & I can watch it go by. It's so weird, but cool! She's at 2.5 pounds & about 15 inches long from head to toe. We are already so smitten by her too!

I had a dental cleaning this morning. I TOTALLY dread the dentist too, so I wasn't all that thrilled to go. The cleaning was great though & my teeth feel all fresh and new. There were a couple problem teeth (which I ALWAYS expect, because I have never gone and left without at least 1 cavity...bad genes, not my fault) so that totally stinks. Plus, they can't do the 'work' on them until after Kennady is here, so it will be at least Christmas, if not next spring when I get to get them done. Yippee.

Well, I have some errands to run, so I'll try to keep this posting thing up to par. Thanks for reading! Hope everyone survives hump day! Adios!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Are you here Kelly? Are you going to deliver your little precious in SA? If so, which doc are you using? We should get together.