Sunday, June 21, 2009

A quick update...

Sorry I have been absent from this thing lately. Believe it or not, I've been keeping quite busy! Mom & I have finished the nursery, for now. It looks really cute and pictures are to come soon. I'm waiting for my paintings to be mounted on the wall, but we might have to settle for them just being in the room since we aren't quite sold on where to hang them just yet. Mom hasn't purchased the crib or changing table that is to go in there, so that's kind of what we're waiting on to completely finish things up.

I went golfing with 2 of my bros, my bro-in-law, sissy, and daddy today for the annual Father's Day golf trip in Eden. I'm not quite sure why Eden is always the course of choice, but I think it's because it's not very busy and it takes them about 6 hours to get 18 holes done, haha. It's a good time. I actually got some sun today. It's kinda red for now, but I'm thinking it will be darker brown in a couple of days. Yay for finally catching some rays! :)

I've been working on and off and that's still going good. I LOVE being able to make my own schedule! It's such an awesome and convenient blessing!

I've marked quite a few things off of my to-do list so far this summer. I'm pretty happy about that. I have yet to start on our wedding album. Yes, I said OUR WEDDING ALBUM...ya know, of the wedding we had almost a full 2 YEARS ago! Some would probably say I'm a little behind. :) And I am, but I'm trying my best to finally get my butt in gear to get it done before baby arrives, cuz God knows it probably would never happen if I don't do it now. Haha. I mean, I've put it off for 2 years already. Who says I wouldn't continue to do so for another 10? Ha. It's sad, I know. I will be so happy to have it done one day down the line though, I know I will.

I have yet to buy my daddy anything for Father's Day. I really have no idea what he wants or needs. Buying for guys, unless you go the Academy gift card or bullets for your gun route, is quite difficult. Though, I will admit that they are always appreciative or whatever the gift is usually, unlike us women. :) We tend to be slightly more picky sometimes. I guess I have a mission to get done tomorrow! :)

We are getting ready for a Thursday through Sunday Robertson family reunion spent at Lake LBJ in Kingsland this coming weekend. Everyone is so excited about it. We have rented a house to all stay in so it should be a really fun time. There are 15 adults and 3 children going and we're all staying under an 1800 square foot roof, so it should be nice and tight! Ha. Nice, close family bonding is to be had. Ha. And 3 pregnant ladies!! LOL. Watch out everyone else! We're hungry! Haha. :) Can't wait!

I guess that's all I have for now! Be back soon!

No comments: