Monday, June 15, 2009

Photobook mania...

Well, I FINALLY got our 2007 photobook finished on Wal-Mart.com and ordered it and everything. You think I might be a little behind?? Haha. It's been tough catching up since I just started making books for us about 8 months ago. All of my pictures since as far back as 2004 we in such a mess. I finally buckled down and attacked all of my media files one day and miraculously got them organized. It was no small job though, seeing as there are at least 4,000 pictures. I know, I'm a crazy picture taker, but I love it. Capturing memories on film has always been one of my passions so I try to keep up a good practice of snapping away. I have halfway filled up a 120GB media drive with what I have so far, so I think it might last me another year or two before I have to invest in another one...especially since the baby will be here soon and my picture obsession is only going to get worse from there on folks. The photobooks turn out really good though and they are thin enough to comfortably store in the living room for all to enjoy.

I don't know what it was, but for some reason I got some pep in my step to start (and finish) our 2008 book in these past 3 days. It was amazing how fast I got it done! I'm so happy with myself. :) I can't wait until they are both done at the printing shop & I can flip through the real thing!

I actually worked on Thursday and Friday of last week. It went well and I have a little pocket change now, which is always fun, so I think I'll keep up the good work and go in at least for a couple days every week while Chad is gone. Believe me when I say he was happy to hear I was working too! Haha.

I got an eye exam the other day and I ordered a year's worth of specialty contacts (for my silly eyes, I had no choice) that collectively cost me $450. Seriously? Is that completely ridiculous, or is that completely ridiculous? Ugh.

I think I have eaten my weight in Tostitos Hint of Lime chips and Julio's Salsa these past 2 days. Is that bad? Ha.

Chad & I got Skype set up so I've gotten to see his handsome face a couple times now. It's awesome. We can talk through the computer too and it's super-clear. I love it. Although, my webcam and speakers decided to act up this morning, so I have some problem-fixin' to handle. Maybe it just felt like being dumb...

Anyways, I guess that's it for now. We are still trying to get some work done in the nursery at my mom's house. I'll be sure to post pictures whenever we finally get finished! Adios for now!

No comments: