Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Finish Line...

Man am I happy to be out of the car for the next couple of days. We drove for 20 hours, a.k.a. 1200 miles, in the last 48 hours. Needless to say, the whining about my back was continuous and annoying all day today. My poor hubby tried to console me and make me happy, but the pain was ridiculous. And we were both just SOOO tired of being stuck in such a small space for so long.

I think the radio & the beautiful trees of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, & South Carolina are what kept us pressing on. It's amazing how pretty God's earth is this time of year. This is the first Fall that I have been able to experience in this area & it is a whole different world of beauty. I saw some of the brightest red, yellow, & orange trees today. And they are all mixed and blended with each other, creating a magnificently bright plethora of color. It really was fun to drive down the road between two walls of beauty and nature. But, thank goodness we are finally in South Carolina to live happily for 3 or 4 days before we have to climb back into the car for our FINAL return home. Please pray for my back to recover & for our country's new president-elect. Thanks & goodnight.

No comments: