Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On the Downhill Slope...

Well everyone, it is official. Chad & I have surpassed the midway mark of this deployment! That is so very exciting! It seems like every day that passes by from here on out puts us that much closer to being back in each other's arms...for real. Yay!

On another note, I'm officially home for a while...finally. My travels were fabulous, but it's kind of nice to not be living out of a suitcase anymore. That was pretty much 3 straight weeks of no 'clothes organization'. It's enough to eventually drive one crazy. Haha. It's nice to be in my own bed again too. Although, I REALLY miss our pillowtop mattress in NC. Can't wait to get back to that one!

The hubby is finally back in the airplane. These first two months he was working at a desk planning daily flights & alerting crews when it was their time to fly. He said it passed the time, but he's super excited to be back in the air again. He moved rooms & got lucky enough to still be in one by himself & it also has a phone of its own so he can call me anytime he wants...FROM HIS OWN ROOM. That's just fabulous. I can't even tell you how great that is. Needless to say, we speak to each other multiple times a day. I love him. :)

His birthday just passed on the 18th. Happy late birthday wish on the blog babe! I hope it was all that it could possibly be, considering the distance and loneliness. I promise I'll have something for you when you get back! ;)

We have just recently decided that we are going on a cruise when he gets back, so I have now been put in charge of earning enough money to cover our trip. Looks like I'll be working my little tooshie off these next 7 or 8 weeks. Back to Shipping Point I go. Yippee. Starting tomorrow actually. GRRRR :). The cruise will more than likely be through Carnival again. 5 days, Western Caribbean, in November, out of Galveston, on a ship called Ecstasy. Now, there's just no way that you could have a bad time on a ship with that kind of name, so a perfect vacation it will be! I can't wait! :)

Seems like that's it for now. I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have been on that cruise twice now and have loved it both times! You will definitely have a blast and you better take pictures of all the towel animals left on your bed! Let me know if you have any questions I am a pro now. j/k seriously I am here to answer anything!