Friday, April 11, 2008

Cats+Kelly= No Thank You...

So, this past week I have been going over to a friend of our's house while she was out of town to check on her cat, Jose. Nothing wrong with helping a friend out...even though I really don't enjoy cats, haha. Nothing against those that do like/love cats, but I've been allergic to them since I was little and just have never created a bond with them like I have for dogs. They really aren't BAD creatures and they definitely trump iguanas and snakes as pets anyday, but a little furry thing that pretty much just lurks around the house rubbing up all over your legs and what not when you walk...call me anti-kitty or whatever, but at least you know my view on them now, I guess. They are rather fun to watch chase a string though...they'll go crazy for that little piece of entertainment. Cheapest pet toy out there! I can guarantee you that! :)

I did my duties well though. I filled the food bowls, the water container and even cleaned out the kitty litter...for the first time in my life, haha. The only slight problem was that I never saw Jose. I went around the house "kitty-kittying" and...nothing. He's no where to be found. Kelly starts to get a little nervous. I then realize that there is a kitty door not only into the garage, but OUT of the garage into the 'prowl-world' as a kitty would probably refer to it. So, WHEW!, I'm saved. Then I talk to her later that day only to find out that she didn't want him to be able to go outside because he's only been with her for a week. She had placed the huge trash can (which was empty, mind you) in front of the 'prowl-world' kitty door before she left. Man, that kitty must be a strong one, because it was definitely turned on it's side when I got there. Talk about determination! Maybe he has a secret kitty-cat of his own, if you know what I mean ;) Anyways, long story short, I have been relieved of my kitty duties because she has returned (not because I lost the cat).

I just hope Jose can find his way back home after such a long and strenuous week out on the town. Come home Jose!

No comments: