Sunday, December 2, 2007

In a Shoppin' Frenzy...

Wow, I can't believe it's been since Tuesday that I last wrote on this thing! This week was CRAM-packed with activity. I've worked everyday (but Sunday of course) & my body is feeling it! I've come to realize a couple things over the course of this week and I think I will share them with you. Number one, my feet are super flat! No shoes have been deemed comfortable & it's making me kinda crazy. I stand on my feet for a good 8 1/2 hours straight everyday at work, making the comfort of my little feetsies a very important thing. I have everything from Puma's, Nike's, New Balances, & flops...and none of them are doing me any good. I've tried in-soles & slippers...it's almost become ridiculous. Oh well, I guess I shall just give up on trying to get comfortable.

Number two, I have discovered that I am becoming a shop-o-holic (probably not something Chad will be too excited about, haha). I really do enjoy shopping (step one in the program...admittance of your addiction :)). I know there are a lot of people out there that hate it, but I just like shopping a whole lot. I will even go to just 'browse' places for what kinds of goodies they have without buying anything. I'll admit, shopping without money to buy anything makes me angry & I don't like that at all. But, shopping with a goal and a purpose, like for Christmas, is great fun! This year, I am trying to 'think outside of the box' when it comes to the gifts I'm buying for people. It seems like common gifts every year are candles, frames, albums, home decor, etc. and I'm tired of giving those. So this year, I'm going for creative and useful. I think it's going to be a good combination!

My mother & sister & I spent 8 hours shopping this Saturday, hitting all of the hot spots of San Angelo (which is actually becoming better as the months go by). And you may not believe it, but we didn't accomplish everything we had hoped to in that slot of time, so we went at it again today for another 6 hours. Crazy shopper ladies! :) It was fun & I got a LOT accomplished! I'm on a path towards success this holiday season! Ho Ho Ho everyone!

1 comment:

cls said...

Whoa. That is a lot of shopping!