Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm OKAY!



Hey everyone! I'm glad to be home, but I also have to admit that my 'roughing it' experience wasn't all that bad! My brother's ranch is a very pretty, ugly place...if you know what I mean. It's pretty rought terrain, but there's a simple Texas beauty that makes it pretty all the same. The only downfall of the time in Dryden was the weather. When we got there Friday, it was windy with a big chill in it, but bearable with a coat & some gloves. My sister & I went on a nice 6 mile (or so) hike down to where the Rio Grande is in the back of his property. The water was surprisingly pretty...a nice bluish-greenish hue. Much different that what I was expecting...which was a more poopy-brown kind of hue. I guess that's what I get for assuming, huh?! We saw a beautiful sunset that evening and then it turned COLD!!! We only had one little propane heater working it's little heart out in the corner of the great room of a 7 bedroom, 1 bathroom ranch house. Hence, we remained bundled in our layered gear all day, everyday. Saturday proved to be a rather gloomy day, but we did get to spend some quality family huddling time at the pit fire the bro's built while it sleeted on us. Body heat does wonders my friends! :) It remained dark outside & proceeded to sleet on us for about 8 hours straight that night, mixed in with a bit of rain & a couple *snowflakes*. Still....COLD!! I slept like a baby though, perfectly situated on a comfy couch that was conveniently located right by the heater. I'm a genius, I know! All snug in my comforter & pillows, I was! After countless games of BS, rummy, speed, & 'go fish' with the family, we finally rolled upon Sunday. We hung around to eat breakfast with everyone and headed back home around noon. Needless to say, I really enjoyed myself & I hope to be able to take Chad with me sometime! It was an interesting venture with the Robertson crew, as it always is! And I only had to pee outside TWICE! Now, that's a successful ranch trip if you ask me! haha. :) I missed you guys while I was gone...but it looks like I'll be around for a while now that Christmas season at the Shipping Point has officially kicked off with chaos! (sigh)...


1 comment:

cls said...

Wow. Aside from the beautiful Texas sunsets, the rest of your experience looks like utter misery! LoL! I'm glad you had a good time, though! And that pic of Laura "kicking down" the deer stand on your myspace is hilarious! You guys are so great!

How much longer til Chad comes home? 70 days??