Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Baby Turned Toddler...

December 2nd, 2009 was the most wonderful & joyous day of our lives. That's the day that God decided to give our angel Kennady to us. From that day on, our lives have been so rich. The beauty of motherhood has been everything I expected it to be, because of her. She has taught me a new level of patience, to be a super-multitasker, to be more thoughtful, to love with my whole heart, to smile all day long, to forgive quickly, to laugh with everything in me & to always, always be prepared for anything...oh yea, and to dance like no one is watching! 

The most fun I've had has been watching this little mind take on such big things. From learning to cry for things to bossing mommy around these days, the growth is phenomenal. I can't believe she is old enough to speak in full sentences, use logic & reason, & memorize most anything I throw at her. Their brains really are like sponges that never get completely soaked. It's so cool & she has such a bright future ahead of her.

Kennady is the sweetest little girl who packs quite a 'knuckle sandwich' (thank you, daddy, for that). I remember when she first got here & she loved on me by nestling up to my chest. After her first birthday, she laid on my shoulder but sweetly picked it up- kissed my forehead for no other reason but to show me she loves me back- & laid her head back down again. Now as she turns two, she can say "I love you, Mommy"- give me endless eskimo & butterfly kisses- and deliver the best smooches & loving hugs I've ever had. She is my sweet little genius & I am so proud of her. We cannot wait to experience the rest of our lives watching her grow into a generous, loving, & mature little lady someday. What a blessing this little face has been to the lives of all who have met her. 

 Her one year after a cake induced comatose...ha.
An eager heart & mind...
 Ready to spread cheer to all who will let her...
 Touching lives with that tender heart...
We love you Kenna-Bug! Happy, Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet baby girl!

No comments: