Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sweet Daddy Realization...

So sorry again for my lack of posting. How boring am I...seriously. I haven't forgotten about you, I've just been crazy busy driving through 7 of our lovely 50 states. I am happy to say I am finally taking a moment to sit down and take a breath. In a quick couple of sentences, this is what we have been up to.

Kennady & I traveled by car to GA for Chad's cousin's wonderful wedding. It was beautiful and Kennady had a blast tearing up the dance floor and coloring with the girls. We got back to AR and 2 days later we headed by airplane down to Texas to visit my aunt from Alaska. She comes down to visit every summer and we had a laid-back blast with her by going swimming, eating, making desserts, shopping, & playing games. We then made our way to another wedding, this time in Addison, TX near Dallas. It was my best friend's little brother's wedding and it was beautiful. The chapel was gorgeous & the reception was a great time of catching up with friends we haven't seen for months and some good eats. Chad & I made it a 3 day weekend and spent our extra time by getting a pedicure (I did, anyways :)), shopping at the Frisco mall, & chillin' with some of our besties from A-town. I got to top things off with a wonderful stroll through Ikea which is such a fun store to walk through. If you've never been to one and enjoy anything related to home decor & organization, you will be in heaven. Although you must allow at least a 2 hour window to be able to really see the place in it's entirety. It's amazing. I didn't get much, but I did find some super-cute fabrics for really cheap and that makes me happy. We drove home yesterday and it is really good to be settled again.

Last night while we were watching tv, Kennady thought it to be a good idea to climb on top of the hotel coffee table to get attention. Chad & I always think it's kind of funny when she pulls stunts like that, but we're always scared someday she's going to hurt herself. It was kind of a sweet moment when she started to jump off into her daddy's arms. On about the 6th very trusting fall, Chad heard himself say, "I guess it's my job to catch you." This statement hit him, as he realized that that really is how a great father-daughter relationship can and should be. Daddy's are special people. They love unconditionally, they provide all things necessary for happy living, they kiss boo-boos & protect their little lady from all things evil, & are always there to catch their little girls under all circumstances. It was a good moment of realization that brought just a little bit of magic to a really silly sequence of events.

I promise more posts will come soon...pinky promise. :)

No comments: