Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Whirlwind of Bullets

Whew! This past month (has it been that long?!) has really flown by. To catch you up as quickly as possible, here is what we have been up to:

*Kennady & I traveled to Texas to see my family for 2 weeks. We had a challenging trip seeing as how it all started out on the wrong day. I was 100% convinced by my own memory that our plane was to take off on a Thursday. Upon delivering myself, a 52-pound suitcase, an overactive 18-month old baby, an overflowing & 10-pound baby bag & a mini-backpack of toys & snacks, we arrived at the airport...on a Thursday. Upon attempting to check-in at the kiosk, the computer nicely informed me that I could not check-in more than 24 hours before my flight & that I should 'see an attendant'. I almost threw up. It was hot, I was sweaty, Kennady wanted to be anywhere but with me, & all I could think was...there's NO WAY I did this to myself. Could I really have been this blonde?! UGH. After we figured out that my flight really was on Friday, K & I loaded up again & stomped out of the airport, called the hubs, & were taken for $2 for our 'temporary' parking. Why don't you just add a little salt to my wound, haha. JK, but seriously. It was a rough & frustrating morning.

*Friday morning rolled around & our flight out of Little Rock was delayed by an hour. SERIOUSLY?! Wouldn't be all that bad of a thing except that our layover in Dallas was only 40 minutes. There goes the uneventful day of flight I had hoped for. Now, I had to decide if I wanted to accept a 7-hour layover in Dallas before the last flight went out, or if having my mom drive 4 hours to get us would be better. I chose the latter. My mom came to pick us up in Dallas & annoyingly enough, we got home only 30 minutes earlier than the airplane would have, mostly because of a baggage issue. Needless to say, I was exhausted when we finally arrived to SA, but we were there and that was all that mattered.

*That Saturday, one of my best friends growing up, Julie, got married to one of my brother's good friends from high school, Dustin. It was a beautiful ranch wedding at sunset & she looked stunning. It was a huge party and I got to see several people that I haven't seen since high school. After a night of eating Outback, dancing, socializing, & enjoying the band, we finally wished them well & headed home. It was a great night. Thank you to all of you who offered up your advice on which dress I should wear. I finally decided on the nude colored one & finally bought myself a pair of precious cowgirl boots to go with it. I think it turned out pretty cute, even though my tan was lacking. :) I had a blast in the dress so I guess that's really all that matters. hehe. Sorry it's sideways, I couldn't fix it. :)

*A couple of Wednesdays ago, we got Kennady's 18-month pictures done with our friends Slade & Laura at Cozart Photography. She was in such a great mood & was such a trooper through the 3 outfit changes that mommy made her do & they captured so many amazing pictures. I don't know how they do it, but they always seem to get her at her best (believe me, being at her best is a challenge these days). To see her sneak peek, go here. Thank ya'll so much for being so great!

*The Friday after our photo shoot, I was doing my Insanity workout in my parent's living room. I had been pretty tired from the increase of intensity in the workouts for the week & decided to take it easy for the day by doing the ab workout. It's still pretty intense, but I thought it would be good to ease off a little bit to allow my body to recover some. One of the exercises was to jump up with your knees tucked & to come down and repeat for as many as you could do. After a couple of my jumps, I came down and landed by accidentally hitting one foot before the other. I felt a sharp pain in my lower back & immediately knew it was bad. I have a history of back problems, so when something like that happens again, you just know it's going to be bad. I tried to stretch it out to no avail. Because it was almost 5 o'clock on a Friday & most chiropractors don't work weekends, I had a pain-filled weekend to work through. By Sunday, I was walking crooked, heating & icing as much as possible, & having a lot of trouble sitting comfortably. I was lucky enough to get an emergency chiropractic appointment Monday morning & walked out of his office straight & feeling so much relief. That following Wednesday, I got a massage that really
brought me back to normal. It is so miserable to have a hurt back & I'm still treating it with care,
in fear that I may hurt it again if I make a wrong move.

*Even though I was in pain, I was coaxed into joining my brothers, niece, nephew, hubs, & father for our
annual Father's Day Golf game in Eden. Every year we head out there, spend 7 or 8 hours playing one
drawn-out game of 18 holes, & really enjoy playing. I obviously didn't swing any clubs that day,but
I did make a couple of good putts on the green. I was merely there for the socializing, cart driving,
& heckling skills. It was a good time even with the stints of occasional back pain. P.S. Happy late Father's
Day to all of my favorite men. :)

*Monday morning while I was at the doctor, Chad & Kennady were on the way to her 18-month
check-up. She now weighs 23 pounds (you would think it was more by the look of those rubberband
hands & thighs :)), is 31 1/2 inches long, & growing perfectly. We are way beyond the expectations for
cognition & definitely in performance points, which always makes mommy happy. hehe.
That evening, we got to spend a bit of time with our sweet neighbors & their 3-year-old that is missing the heck out of her Baby Kennady. We had a blast catching up with them & swimming in the pool. After that, our friends the Schmidts came over to see us. We chatted & caught up with them for a couple of hours & really enjoyed seeing them and being in our own house again. It was awesome, but really made us miss home even more. :)

*We spent our days in San Angelo swimming at my parent's community pool, playing Joker with the fam, eating out, getting ice cream & shopping. Last Thursday through Sunday, the annual Robertson Rendezvous family reunion came around. We went to Lake LBJ and rented a beautiful house right on the Llano River. There were 26 of us all under one roof. It's always a little bit of crazy, but so much fun to spend some real time with each other. There was great fishing, cool & clean water, an awesome dock, a kiddie pool, a river float & some of the best family dinners we've ever had. With this bunch, there are always LATE nights (early mornings) of singing, hanging out, jumping off docks, & alcohol consumption. Some of those most likely shouldn't be mixed, but it makes for some fun and unforgettable memories. This is the third year for this reunion & none of us wanted to leave & we already can't wait for next year. It was that good. :)

*Now, we are back in Arkansas, looking forward to a couple more weeks of fun before Chad's cousin Travis gets married in Georgia next weekend. We are really looking forward to seeing and celebrating with the Sellers clan.

Well, that's all I have time for for now. Hope you feel a little caught up. :)

No comments: