Friday, April 1, 2011

Bennie!...and the Jets

So sorry for this post being all one continuous paragraph...if anyone knows how to fix this when Blogger refuses to insert breaks, I would love to know! Thanks! This post is for anyone who saw American Idol on Wednesday night and has had Elton John's Bennie & the Jets in your head ever since like I have. Just like the famous scene on 27 Dresses where Katherine Heigl & James Marsden are making up and blurbing words to this song, I have found myself doing the same these past couple of days. So, just in case you are like me, Katherine, & James, I decided to post the lyrics to the song so we could all see how silly they really are: Hey Kids, shake it loose together The spotlight's hitting something That's been known to change the weather We'll kill the fatted calf tonight So stick around You're gonna hear electric music Solid walls of sound (Refrain) Say, Candy & Ronnie, have you seen them yet they're so spaced out, Bennie & the Jets Oh, but they're weird and their wonderful Oh, Bennie, she's really keen She's got electric boots, a mohair suit You know I read it in a magazine B-B-B-Bennie & the Jets Hey kids, plug into the faithless Maybe they're blinded But Bennie makes them ageless We shall survive, let us take ourselves along Where we fight Our parents out in the streets To find who's right and who's wrong (Refrain) I have realized after reading the words that I have been SOOOO off in what I say. Haha. If I didn't change it every time I hear the song, I would try to write my version down for you, but I just have no idea what I say. I'm great at the chorus, though those are often made up words too. Anyways, totally boring post, but NOW YOU (and I) KNOW. B-B-B-Bennie & the Jets (begin piano solo)...:)

1 comment:

Layne Street said...

Elton John just came through our town and I missed the concert. I would have given anything to hear Bennie and the Jets live!