Sunday, October 25, 2009

La-Di-Da...

Well, first of all, I would like you to look to the right of this post at that crazy floating baby to notice that we are only 30 sweet days away from little Kenna's arrival!! We are so anxious! :)

When Chad came home from work early on Friday, we went out to go mess around town & to grab some dinner at the Olive Garden. Before we went to eat, he took me to a really nice jewelry store & surprised me with the prettiest stone I have ever seen. Turns out, while he was in Africa, he met a contact that helped him get his hands on some Tanzanite. If you don't know what Tanzanite is, it is an increasingly rare gemstone that is mined in Tanzania, Africa. When it comes out of the ground, it is a greenish-yellow color. But after it's treated and shaped, it turns into the prettiest of blues...and for a really good one, it turns a shade of purple. Well, for my 25th birthday & more importantly, as a 'thank you for having my baby' gift, Chad gave this gem to me to have set into a ring or pendant or whatever I want. I decided a ring since I could where it & show off Kennady's stone daily that way. We looked around at everything the store had, including through all of their magazines & found a beautiful setting for it. I haven't decided if it is for sure the one I'm going to go with because we are going to get it custom-made, but it's very exciting. My husband is so good to me. What a thoughtful & loving man he is. We don't spoil ourselves with expensive things very often, but it's nice to do every once in a while. Here is a picture of the beautiful 2.36 carat princess-cut Tanzanite...I love it! :) For some reason, my blogger picture uploader refuses to do anything...I guess you will have to go to the link to see it again. Sorry! :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31318036&l=90953cf412&id=54100340

For the last couple of weeks, the wives from the guys Chad was on a crew with this last deployment have been trying to get a dinner date put together. Finally, we found a weekend when everyone could meet up. There were four couples & we ate homemade tacos for dinner. They were good. Chad also made his famous cherry pie for dessert. It was a hit & delicious! It was really nice to socialize with some people from around here. Sometimes we get so caught up and comfortable in our everyday lives that we don't reach out very much. There were four super-cute kids there too, so it was a good time.

I think I might spend the good part of either today or tomorrow trying to get our hospital bag together...just in case. I have read through the suggestions that 'What to Expect' gives, so that can get me started. But, I was wondering if any of you mommies have any suggestions on what I will want (for sure) in the room with me for pre-& post-delivery, for entertainment, or for comfort? Feel free to share.

We got a little surprise yesterday at about 11:00am. Chad & I were just getting done with our breakfast in our pj's & he was running himself a hot bath when all of a sudden our front door starts to unlock from the outside. Chad luckily noticed & got to spit out 'hold on just a second while we get a little more decent' before some people walked in. To explain this intrusion, I will tell you that we still have a realtor's box on our door handle for those that want to come and see it. It has the key in it & they thought it was still 'vacant' from the deployment time, so they just started to walk in. Luckily, I had disarmed the house alarm after I got up or else they would have had a really big, loud, and obnoxious entrance. Anywho, we got some clothes on real fast & walked out of the house for about 5 minutes while they toured the place. Of course, since we didn't know they were coming, the house looked 'lived in' & was sort of a mess, but it could have been a LOT worse! We don't know if anything will come of the 'showing', but it was nice to actually have someone over to look at it. Maybe God has something in store...??

It's a cloudy day outside, we ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast, & I'm getting close to being done with this bassinet project. The end may be near today! Yay! I'll keep you posted. Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No comments: