Monday, August 24, 2009

Baby Girl Head Bands...


I received one of these sweet little headbands like the one on the precious little baby in the picture at my baby shower and just LOVE IT! Mine is a deep purple headband with a light blue rose on top & is just too cute. I was told that they are selling for $15 each at Rattle Dazzle (which I think is twice what they should be), so I've been doing some research on how I can maybe make them at home to save myself some money. Plus, I think they make very sweet gifts for friends and family & by making them myself, I could customize the colors and flowers to the baby. I found a website that is super-cute called Your Unique Bowtique, Inc. that sells the crocheted headbands for $2.75 & then all I would have to do is glue or clip on a super-cute and color-coordinated flower. The possibilities are endless & I'm really excited to start my headband making business (though I'm not taking money for them :)). Poor Kenady will probably hate me someday for decking her out in these (then outdated I'm sure) crazy little headbands, but oh well. :) That's how life goes, right?!

1 comment:

The Kopers said...

Hi Kelly, Shaunna gave me your link and told me that you are heading to Dyess, soon. My hubby and I are heading there, too! Thought I'd say hi and I LOVE this headband - I did the same thing with the cute crocheted hats they sell for like $30- I found a cheap one for $6 and glued flowers onto hair-clips and clip a different color flower onto it depending on Gabby's outfit. Have fun accessorizing!