Thursday, July 2, 2009

Whew...so much to post!

Sorry I have been absent, but I've been a busy girl!


I'll go ahead and start with the awesomeness of two weekends ago with the Robertson clan. We got to Lake LBJ on Thursday afternoon, spent the warmest part of the day playing in the water down on our 'sandy beach', ate a homemade lasagna for dinner (yummy) while Cars played in the background on the flat screen, & enjoyed the washer pits and porch for the rest of the evening. The house we stayed in had been recently renovated and had all new tile throughout with marble countertops, & super-soft bedding. It wasn't what I was expecting from the pictures I had seen, but was a great surprise to have when we got there!


Friday rolled around and we had a huge breakfast with omelettes, fruit, biscuits & gravy...& it was delicious. We again spent the majority of the day outside in the water playing with the kiddos. All 18 of us had showed up by this time so the house was happy and full. Dinner that night was fajitas and they were scrumptious! I was definitely a fat kid that night! :)


Saturday came about and the only thing we did differently was shoot off some fireworks that night. We knew the sprinkler system was going to turn on near 10:30 or 11:00 and we started doing the fireworks about 10:15 and were all spread out on chairs in the lawn....some would think that we would have hurried through it just in case 10:30 really was the case, but no. We got wet instead :). It was funny to hear the hissing sound of the sprinklers come on and then to watch everyone get up really fast and book it to the deck, lol. It was funny. The fireworks were really pretty & the kids got to play with some humongous sparklers. It was fun to watch them.


Unfortunately, Sunday came too quickly and we all said our goodbyes and left already excited about next year. It was a really good weekend and a lot of real, quality time was shared with the family. I can't wait for what we will come up with next year! :)


Oh yeah, my oldest brother Rodney and his wife Barbara took it upon themselves to get t-shirts made to represent the weekend. We thought that was pretty cool of them. We took a lot of pictures in them so here is one to share with you.



This past weekend I returned to Lake LBJ with Nicole & Kyla's for their annual family reunion. It was a good time. We rode in the pontoon boats, they wakeboarded behind the ski boat, we hung out with the peeps, and swam our little hearts out. I love being on the water.


In the meantime of all of this lake-fun, I've been working and trying to organize all of our baby registry stuff. It's kind of tough when you don't know the sex yet, but I figured I could scan anything and everything that isn't gender-specific right now, and then go back to scan the rest next Wednesday when we find out. Oh yeah, by the way...that's only 3 days from now!! Woo-hoo! :) Chad & I (and of course, the rest of our family and friends) are so excited!!


My Alaskan aunt Becky & two girl cousins Amanda & Ashley are coming into town on Tuesday this week! I am sooooo excited for them to be here. They will get to stay for 2 full weeks & we have all kinds of fun activities planned for while they're here. This coming weekend is my sister's 80's-style 30th birthday karaoke party, followed the next day by a trip to Schlitterbahn on Sunday, floating the Comal River in New Braunfels on Monday (with dinner at the Grist Mill & music at Gruene Hall...yay!), and then a shopping trip to the outlets in San Marcos on Tuesday before we hit the road on back home. It's going to be an awesome week!!! I will definitely try my best to keep you all posted on the goings-on as best I can!

No comments: