Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miserable, Miserable Tuesday...

Wow, yesterday was ROUGH! Starting with my mistake of taking a prenatal vitamin at 11:00 Monday night (on what I thought WASN'T an empty stomach), I felt pretty miserable all through the night. Woke up about 6 times, peed like 3 times, and even burped vitamin once. GROSS! Sorry if that's too much information, but it's life right now.

When I woke up, I wasn't looking forward to eating ANYTHING, but I know that's not the right way to handle the situation. It usually makes things worse to have an empty stomach, oddly enough. So, I ate some Frosted Cheerios for breakfast by forcing them down. A couple hours later I ate some crackers and string cheese alongside a little Ginger Ale and then...dun, dun, dun...I got to see it all over again, if you know what I mean. GROSS and so draining.

Now what?! So, I ate an orange popcicle and drank some water, trying to rehydrate what I just lost. An hour later, here comes orange popcicle...at least it didn't taste too bad. Ha. But still, NOT FUN. I survived it though and have now designated the guest bathroom as my destination when things go projectile. Gotta have a plan in mind, right?!

Chad got home around 4:30 and saw how miserable I was. About 6:00 or so, he went on a chicken noodle soup fun for me from Chick-Fil-A. I had never had it there before and didn't know it was so thick, and not brothy like I was hoping. So, needless to say, only about 3 bites of that went down into my belly. A couple potato fries were yummy, but still not enough to fill the tummy. So, he went on a SECOND run for me...to the store this time. He came back with Lipton's version of chicken noodle soup and came home to make it for me. He has been so patient and sweet. Although it's kind of expected being that he is HALF the reason I'm feeling this way, haha. But seriously, he's the best husband ever. He won't stop until I am satisfied and smiling.

Good news came by the end of the evening. I actually kept the soup down and continued on happily watching my favorite Tuesday night shows. Also, I took my vitamin when I am supposed to which is right after I eat. If I ever forget again, I'm NOT going to take it like I did Monday night. Consider that a very important lesson learned!

Today is SOO much better. I have eaten, smiled, talked with some friends, and just made some more Chicken Noodle soup for lunch. Yay for better feeling days! :)

2 comments:

cls said...

Aww, I'm sorry you had such a rough day!

Your post reminds me of a book I read at Sylvan last night called "Monkey's Miserable Monday." Hahahaha

Shaunna said...

Ugh. No fun:[

Something that kind of calmed my nausea while pregnant was ginger snaps...Not my favorite cookie, but the ginger is supposed to help a queasy stomach. I would eat a handful of ginger snaps while sipping some ginger ale...I wanted all the ginger I could get-Ha! Sometimes it worked & sometimes it didn't, but it's worth a shot! I never actually puked, but I always had the uneasy feeling that it could happen at any moment-Again, not fun!

Glad you're feeling better today! Hope this ALL DAY "morning sickness" gets better soon:]