Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day Everybody...

Any day that you get to sleep in and not go to work is a fabulous day. So, I hope everyone gets to take full advantage of their free day of relaxation & boredom. It's a glorious day in the neighborhood.

Obviously, I am already back from the lake. Nicole, Kyla, & I came home last night so they could accomplish some stuff today. I, on the other hand, don't have much to do at all. I'm going to try and go to work this week, assuming my back is recovered enough by tomorrow. It's still a little in the tight and uncomfortable stage, but it's getting there. I think this past trip to the lake might be the first time I've ever been on the lake and didn't ever get in it. We had a good time on the pontoon boat though. And the hot tub was glorious. I gotta get me one of those! :)

What are we thinking about 'ole Gustav? It looks like a pretty nasty one. I can't believe how many people they evacuated in the past couple of days. Approximately 2 million is what it said on the last count I saw. Kinda crazy! I hope Aaron is staying safe and gets home soon. C-130's at their best, coming in to relieve people during hard times. Hopefully the levees do their job & another disaster isn't just around the corner.

The hubby is doing good. He's been flying quite a bit and the time is definitely ticking on by, which we LOVE! Only about 6 or 7 weeks left! YAY! I guess that's it. I might go watch one of my Blockbusters. Ta-ta.

No comments: