Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Campmeeting Synopsis 2008...

I will begin by reminding everyone that it has been 2 full years since I have been able to be out in West Texas. It was like taking a trip into happy-land. The mountains were still there (imagine that!), the rain still smelled fabulously clean, and campmeeting was just as refreshing as it always has been. I got to see people that are very dear to me for the first time in 2 years. Needless to say, there was quite a bit of catching up to do. I had to get everyone on the same page when it came to me and Chad & our lives together. Where we live, how much longer we're in the service, how he's doing over there right now, & mostly, how fabulous having him as a husband has been. It was wonderful getting to speak of us in such a happy and lovely light to people who still haven't had the pleasure of meeting him. The reunion was fabulous & church was good, as usual.
There were little children running around everywhere. It definitely helped to intensify my baby fever! The children that were babies a couple of years ago have sprung up & become big, little people. It's crazy. So many blondes with blue eyes, and happy, skipping kids everywhere! Awwww....

"I love the sound of rain on a tin roof, on a hot summer night". This is a true statement by Texas country music star Kevin Fowler. I wonder if he's been to campmeeting before (?), haha. Anyways, the rain on the tin roof was fabulous. It's so calming and pretty. Kyla & I enjoying God's beauty from our balcony.
Nicole & I played her step-brothers (Don & Jason) in washers every afternoon. We were holding our own, but still ended up sucking against them. We won a game that was amazing. It took us 45 minutes to play it and we busted 3 times in all. We all kept coming in with clutch plays right at the right time. Finally...Nicole & I took the 'W' proudly.

We ate a lot, we talked a lot, we walked a lot, we slept a lot, did puzzles a lot, and now we're sad to be home again. It seems like forever between one campmeeting and the other. It's beautiful because it is a complete escape from reality. No computers, barely any cell service, no t.v.s, & life as easy as it can be. I sure hope I can make it again next year.
Our very cool Globe puzzle that we completed the first night. You go girls! :)

No comments: