Tuesday, July 22, 2008

a week at a time...

Sorry everyone. It seems as though another week has swept on by since my last post. I know that is a completely ridiculous quantity of time to let pass without words, but I'll try to make up for it. I really don't even have much going on to show for my absence in writing, but I'll catch you up on what's happened in the past 7 days.

Last week:
Wednesday--> I spent the day with the women of the family. Bought my bestie a beautiful vase for her bridal shower, and shopped around with the ladies. Sad to say I didn't make even one purchase besides the vase. Saving money though, so not too many worries.
Thursday--> I actually worked at Shipping Point. The hours flew by pretty quickly and it was rather harmless. Money in the pocket is what that is!
Friday--> Worked again, surprise-surprise! Then we had spaghetti with the fam and game night later on. We played a combo of Catch Phrase-Music Edition & Napoleon Dynamite til it was about 12:30 am and time to hit the hay. If you've never played ND, but you've seen the movie, it's great fun. You choose two cards which have random animals on them and you have to draw them together as one, similar to what Napoleon did with the Liger (a lion & tiger mixed animal...known for it's skills and magic) haha. Your team has to figure out what combo of animals you are so frivolously attempting to draw in your 60 seconds of artistry fame. Fun, fun.
Saturday--> Elya's wedding shower was that morning and it was a lot of fun. I did my bridesmaid-y duties and wrote down all of the gifts and guests that gave them. She got a lot of goodies. It almost made me want another shower for myself (and my house :)).........well, not quite. But gifts are always fun to receive! :) My family then ate dinner at Henry's. MMMM, fattening Mexican.
Sunday--> We had family lunchtime which included a fabulous southern-style meal. It was as if Paula Dean herself were here to prepare it in all of it's buttery and fattening glory. Fried pork chops, fresh green beans, corn on the cob, homemade mashed taters, & a watermelon/cantaloupe combo salad. Then for dessert we ate a Czech-inspired pastry called Kolaches. It's pretty much bread with sweet poppy seeds in the middle. Yummy, yummy carb treats!
Monday--> I considered working but quickly decided that was a no-go when I heard mom, aunt Becky, G-ma, & Taylor were going to spend the day at the pool. Therefore, I got some sun for myself and loved every second of it. Then we ate at Cheddar's (MMM) and played some dominoes like old people. The game of 42...it's a fun one! :)

Well, that about wraps up my last week. A lot of time has been spent with my grandma and aunt Becky who is here all the way from Alaska. It's been awesome having her here and I'll be sad to see her go on Wednesday. I guess I'll just have to work harder on getting myself and Chad up to Alaska to visit them instead. I can't wait! :) Hope no one had a bad case of the Mondays today. Be back soon.

No comments: