Wednesday, June 18, 2008

T-E-X-A-S...

Thank God we are finally home. My mom & I decided to be geniuses after eating at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and shopping 'til noon on Monday morning, and decided to try to make the full trip home all in one day. Fifteen (yes, 15) hours of driving later...we were driving into my parent's driveway. Man, was that a miserable day of driving.

I believe that my body is getting old quickly because riding in that car for so long had me sore from head to toe. Mostly in my neck and back, but seriously, driving more= more pain. We went all of the way from Nashville, TN to San Angelo, TX in one day. Can we say, stupid?! haha. Oh yea, did I mention that I was doing the driving for about 12 1/2 of those hours? Thanks, Mom! haha. About the time Abilene came around, I handed the wheel over (it was about 1:15 am by then) to her to finish us up. My eyes were dry, my body was aching, and I was not a very happy camper...or rider. It took me all of about 3 minutes to fall asleep after that point. I vaguely remember bits and pieces of Abilene to San Angelo. Luckily, God sent us a beautiful lightning storm show that kept us awake and entertained between Weatherford and Abilene. Otherwise, I don't think we would have made it. Never again do I plan on driving that long in one day. Anyways, it's over and done with and now I'm all moved in again at my parent's house (kinda weird this time around too) and ready to enjoy the summer! Bring it on! :)

1 comment:

cls said...

Glad you made it back to Texas safe, my friend. I wish I could be there!!