Sunday, June 29, 2008

On a Much Lighter Note...

I figured I should assure everyone that my emotional rollercoaster has come to a complete stop and I did achieve keeping all hands and feet inside the vehicle the whole ride. No injuries ensued. Haha. But, seriously, I'm okay. It was just too late to call anyone that night and instead I ended up turning to my blogger friend which then resulted in my emotional throw-up that all of you were forced to read, haha. Thanks for all of the encouragement though! I love having great friends! :)

I'm very sad we don't have any more baby time with Logan this week. He is just the sweetest little thing and such a good baby. I finally uploaded some of the pics of my baby snuggles while he was sleeping so here they are.
So sweet and innocent. And heavy after a while ;)!

He's so adorable. Aren't they just angelic when they're asleep?! :)

On another fun note, my bro & sister-in-law's baby (a German Shepherd/Red Heeler mix doggy) took her first dip in the lake a couple of weekends ago. They had never given her the chance to swim, so it was her first experience completely submerged underwater. It took quite a bit of coaxing her to get in, but she finally took the plunge. Her name is Layla. She enjoys nightly walks with mommy and to nibble on anything chewy. She is spayed so you boy dogs out there don't get any ideas. :) Here she is in Lake Nasworthy (which by the way, had pretty clean water that day).
Daddy trying to coax her into jumping...
Layla Pants swimming after her plunging jump! She's an on-top-of-the-water swimmer so she makes a splashing mess! :)

The cutest little wet rat you ever saw! :) Until she shakes off beside you!

I joined my sister and her in-laws yesterday at the boat races on Lake Nasworthy. An interestingly redneck activity. It was pretty fun. Don't know if I'd go again, but an experience to have I guess. It was a pretty day and I got a little sun, so I guess it wasn't all that bad! :)

Believe it or not, that boat is going about 150 mph.

And there's it's rooster tail to prove it.

Chillin' in our chairs amongst all of the other redneck friends around us.

Then, last night, my brother played in his band at a bar downtown called The Deadhorse. They did an awesome job. They play a type of metal punk so it's high energy and LOUD! :) The whole family went so it was a good time. Probably one of their best shows yet! Let's hear it for Gunslinger! :)


That was pretty much the weekend plus some, so hope you enjoyed it! Til next time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They changed their band name AGAIN!?!? I liked the other name

Unknown said...

I am glad you had a good time with my little one. Thank you so much for helping your mom out I know he can be a handfull and heavy!!! Thank you again.

Emily said...

Aww.. so sweet! He does get heavy after a while, but it's worth it, right? Glad to hear you're doing better!