Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How sad it is the flowers pass...

I'm upset to post that the beautiful bouquet my wonderful husband brought home to me last week has officially gone ka-put. The only thing I hate about having pretty, fresh flowers in the house is that they start out gorgeous, but slowly fade into a very depressing state of death. They get limp and the color fades. The water is murky and they shrivel up. It's upsetting to see the life get stripped out of them as the days past. I would appreciate anyone who could come up with a solution to this depressing process. I must now leave you to go throw away the remains of what, at one time, was more than the highlight of my day...it was a smile on my face and a light in my heart. :(

1 comment:

Emily said...

You should take a few petals everytime you receive flowers and press them in a heavy book. Then make them into a bookmark and laminate it or even put it in a scrapbook! Or you could just hang them and let them dry! =)