Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Apologies, Apologies...


I am so sorry for the previously unannounced absence from my blog. I found myself very busy during my trek to Lubbock. I went there to visit my bestest friend Nicole for almost a week & just couldn't get into the blogger spirit...therefore, to my dedicated blog-reading friends, I apologize. During my fantastic voyage, Nicole & I had a lot of fun. Thursday, we went out to Wild West, a local hopping college joint, for a little booty-shakin' & mingling. Friday, we slept in & went shopping at the glorious Lubbock mall, then proceeded to eat dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse called Shoguns. It was delicious. We spent the remainder of the evening playing 42...for those who don't know what that is, it's an old-person's domino game...lots of fun! Saturday was game day. Tech versus Oklahoma University. The outcome was completely a shocker! Tech ended up giving them a pretty good beating which was contrary to the ideas many had in their heads of how that game was going to turn out. So, we tailgated and hung out with some people & attempted grabbing a bite to eat after the game. Turns out that was the stupidest idea of the evening. Sonic, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Whataburger (ya know, all the heart attack causers) were all SO PACKED, we finally landed at Wal-Mart...and I got donuts. What a fat kid, I know! But they were GOOOOD! :). So, then Sunday I helped her family take their annual Christmas photo, ate at Applebee's with everyone, took a 4 hour nap...yes, that was a 4, woke up and helped Nicole & her roommate Amy decorate their house with Christmas stuff. From the tree to a nativity scene, we had fun. Hot cocoa & the Dean Martin/Frank Sinatra Christmas cd helped to set the mood. We also spent the rest of the night watching The Santa Claus & The Santa Claus 2. Cute movies. Monday, was pretty uneventful. Another trip to the mall, a new pair of really warm & comfy house shoes, dinner at Johnny Carino's with her brothers, & a magnificent trip to the local drive-in theatre pretty much made up our day. We saw Fred Claus (cute movie with Vince Vaughn) all cuddled up in our sweats, blankets, & pillows. It was fun! Then, we began to pack & prep for Tuesday...the day we came home. So, now, I am in prep mode for a huge Thanksgiving feast tomorrow & am super excited about it! I love me some of mama's dressing! :) I look forward to typing you again tomorrow, about 4 pounds heavier...

1 comment:

cls said...

Geez! I'm jealous! That sounded like a wonderful week!