Can we say a little OVERKILL, but beautiful all the same? :)
I made Peanut Butter Blossoms & have to admit, I thought they were the BEST peanut butter cookie I have ever had. It may have helped that instead of the regular chocolate kiss, I use the white/milk chocolate swirl Kisses instead or that they were rolled in pure sugar previous to baking. Still, they were SOOO good. I actually made twice as much dough as I needed (accidentally on purpose ;)) & still have the other half calling my name in the freezer. I have put off making them yet seeing as how they are the total opposite of what I NEED right now, as I'm trying to recover from this cookie exchange party & all of the other calories I took in over the Holidays. I thought I would share the recipe with you because it was just.that.good.
Peanut Butter Blossoms (Cookie Exchange Quantity...7 Dozen...eek!)
- cup granulated sugar
- cup packed brown sugar
- cup creamy peanut butter
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons baking soda
- teaspoon baking powder
- Additional granulated sugar (about 2 tablespoons)
- About 7 dozen Hershey's® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates
Here they are in all of their beauty: MMMM, MMMMM, MMMMMMMM...
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- 2Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.