Sunday, February 8, 2009

The trek up Pinnacle Mt...

Yesterday, Chad, Shannon, & I all went into north Little Rock to get our workout on. It was the most beautiful day LR has had since we got here in December. About 70 degrees with the sun shining and crisp air. We just couldn't stay inside all day, so we decided to climb Pinnacle Mountain. It's a mile up, and a mile down; quite steep in places with a lot of large rocks to maneuver. It was perfect. It was a hill that almost anyone can do. And there were A LOT of people there. A couple hundred probably, and several of them brought their puppy dogs. Corkies, Boston Terriers, a Poodle, Jack Russells, Labs, Yorkies (can you believe that?!), a Bull Dog, a puppy Pug, and a couple of little Dachshunds were all making the trek too. Made me really want a doggy of my own to take on walks and hikes. And, I burned 515 of my calories just on the way UP. Then, another 280 on the way down. It was fabulous. Definitely what I love to do on a beautiful day. I'm gonna do a little more research on the surrounding area here to see what other fun things we are missing out on & don't even know about!

Here are some pics!

No comments: