Friday, August 22, 2008

Yucky...

Describes how I feel right now. I picked up a little 'cold' the other day (how is that even possible in the summer?) and have been carrying around enough mucus and coughing germs for all to share.

I don't even know where it came from. I've been amazingly healthy this whole past year (plus some), but I guess sometimes the body just wants to win the "you're tired and need a rest" competition. It began as a sore throat when I woke up Wednesday, slowly progressed into that annoying tiny/wussy cough with mucus in the nose alongside yesterday, and has now taken shelter behind my sternum & surrounding bones; also known as my chest. Now it's mostly congestion & hurtful coughing, & by hurtful I mean phlegm-y. GROSS! haha.

Despite feeling poopy, I am leaving at the butt crack of dawn in the morning to go to Schlitterbahn (*bahn *bahn *bahn...like the commercial ;)) with my mom Kathy, sister Laura, niece Taylor, & brother-in-law Doug. My sis is a pro at winning radio contests, so that's why we are going. She called in the other day and won 4 free adult tickets to the parks, so off we go in a roaring attempt to keep the summer rolling & stretched out as far as we possibly can.

It's depressing how quickly the summer flies by. Even when you're NOT in school! I figured it always went so fast because I was always dreading the next semester, but I've noticed that the last one and this one were both quickies, too! I guess we'll just have to get more used to time flying by even faster as we get older and older. Depressing. Anyways, I'm going to go take care of some of that yucky congestion & bid you all a fabulous weekend full of prayers for happy semesters & good sleep, because it's important for your overall health and well=being. :)

No comments: